Lori (Pure Imagination)'s Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from February 21 to 24, 2012

I considered not reviewing this book because just about everyone has read it and loved it. But I really want to gush about just how incredible it is. (Just like everyone else) Because WOW it’s incredible. I’m not doing my usual review format…this will be more rambling adoration than anything else. I’m going to keep it short because the main point is I loved it and if you haven’t read it yet do so asap.

I’ve read Paper Towns and Looking for Alaska and while they were wonderfully written, smart books I didn’t love them. They lacked just a tiny bit of something that would have turned me into the devoted, adoring fan of his books. Thanks to Vlogbrothers I was already an adoring fan of John Green as a person. That meant I would definitely read anything he writes–although, I still need to read An Abundance of Katherines. Okay, I’ll just get to my point: This is probably one of the best books I have ever read.

The premise is relatively simple. A girl with terminal cancer meets a boy. But it’s so, so much more than that. I’ve read several books about someone dying or someone with cancer and they were good but The Fault in Our Stars is in a whole other category. Never have I read a book that made me feel so much. I laughed and I cried and I loved every second of it. Hazel and Augustus are the kinds of characters that get stuck in your head. You just think about them for days and weeks.

Nothing I say will come close to doing this book justice. It was the kind of book that I want everyone I know to read. I want to read it over and over again. Even though it’s sad and it will break your heart into a million pieces there’s also so much beauty in the book.

02/23/2012 page 105