Marshall Walter's Reviews > Don't Call it a Comeback: The Old Faith for a New Day

Don't Call it a Comeback by Kevin DeYoung

Feb 22, 2012

bookshelves: foundational, theology, church, christian-living
Read from February 01 to 22, 2012

A very good book overall. A few chapters are among the best I've ever read on their subject matter. Additionally, the authors do a nice job expounding the historical tenants of the faith in light of recent attacks and movements against them. Glad to have read it and will keep several chapters handy to share with friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Call it a Comeback.

02/01/2012 page 33
show 6 hidden updates…

message 1: by Mike (new) - added it

Mike This on my reading list! I'm excited to read it. How's it been so far?

Marshall Walter Nothing super new and varies by chapter/author but several chapters have already been worth sharing with people.

message 3: by Mike (last edited Feb 09, 2012 08:22AM) (new) - added it

Mike Marshall wrote: "Nothing super new and varies by chapter/author but several chapters have already been worth sharing with people."

Cool! When you say new, do you mean compared with, "Why we love the Church," and other his/their books? Or just with the general stuff out in the evangelical world?

Marshall Walter The book lives up to its subtitle - "Old faith for a new day". Old theology with great application