Angela's Reviews > Mirror Image

Mirror Image by Sandra Brown

Jun 28, 11

Read in June, 2011

Not my standard fare, but I liked it.

Take away the cover illustration and this book could take place pretty much any time in history. With the cover image, I knew I was stuck firmly in the 1980's.

Two women are on the same flight, similar enough in appearances, that they're mistaken for one another after the plane crashes immediately upon take-off. Avery Daniels wakes up to find herself swathed in bandages, constantly being referred to as Mrs. Rutledge. As she slowly begins recovery (which takes quite some time due to excessive trauma), she learns of a plot against Mrs. Rutledge's husband and vows to do what she can to save Mr. Rutledge and also clear her name. Avery Daniels is a reporter who feels playing the role of Mrs. Rutledge will protect "her" husband and also help her clear her name.

Yes, it's more romance novel than anything - without a ton of heavy sex scenes (which is nice). The story line is well planned and pertinent. It really keeps you guessing from start to finish. I also found that I was able to make connections with the characters. I really cared about what happened to them and the outcome of every story line that arose.

This was a nice, quick, summer read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mirror Image.