Sandra's Reviews > A Marriage Carol

A Marriage Carol by Chris Fabry

Jun 28, 11

Read on June 28, 2011

You can find the full review and others at www.pandareads.com

A play off the classic, A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens, A Marriage Carol follows Marlee the night she and her husband get into an accident on the way to their divorce lawyer. Stranded in a snowstorm with her husband vanished from the car, Marlee finds shelter from a local man who helps her see her marriage past, present and future.

I thought the authors' writing style was beautiful and very descriptive. It's not a book to over think or analyze, although it may help to analyze your own relationships. Overall, it was a sweet story about a marriage in trouble that gets a second chance. I would recommend it anyone who likes Christmas stories and also to couples who are having a difficult time in their marriage, even though the book oversimplified marriages in crisis. This book is definitely a Christian book, so if you don't like that kind of thing, skip it.

A Marriage Carol will be released in September.

PS: I love the cover. At first glance it looks like a wreath on a front door with a door knocker, but the door knocker is actually an engagement ring! Very cute.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Marriage Carol.