Jess's Reviews > Only His

Only His by Susan Mallery

Oct 01, 11

bookshelves: 2011, susan-mallery
Read from September 30 to October 01, 2011

This book was all about the last triplet in the Hendrix clan, Nevada. She loves her job of working on construction crews and when a job opportunity arises for a position with Janack construction she knows she needs to apply. But when she arrives at her interview she realizes it's not the elder Janack asking the questions but his son Tucker. Tucker and Nevada have an embarrassing past and both just want to put it behind them and move on. The trouble is the attraction is still there and while they want to indulge in a little fling, both don't have the same feelings toward each other which leads confusion later on in the book.

Overall, I did enjoy the story. I liked Nevada, and I liked that she was tough and hard working but still had a softer more feminine side. Tucker was cute, but he whined a lot. Always complaining about his past "love" Cat and how he fell so hard for her and that it wasn't love but an obsession. It just became annoying after awhile. His indecisiveness was also irritating, I just wanted him to make up his mind (which I still think took him far too long)!

The side story of Jo and Will was really cute, and I'm so happy we finally heard all about Jo's mysterious past.

But in the end, this book just didn't do it for me like the others in the series did. I felt a little bored in places, I was not impressed with the whole Cat storyline and this one just had me thinking about future books. The stories of the three friends is coming next I think, but I'm most looking forward to a glimpse of the mysterious Ford Hendrix. When is that book going to be making it's debut? I have a feeling it's going to be an intense one!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Only His.