Jonetta's Reviews > Sweet Revenge

Jun 14, 15

bookshelves: romantic-suspense, nc-br-digital-library
Read from May 25 to June 02, 2015 — I own a copy

Quick summary
Jamie Kendrick was rescued from the hell known as Stanford Reddington's world by LCR. Dylan Savage was the operative that actually located and removed her the night of the rescue. That night, a permanent unspoken bond was created between the two of them, one he was determined to resist and one she was determined to seal.

What I enjoyed
I've looked forward to Jamie's story since she emerged in the series. Her history was both intriguing and horrific. Dylan also was appealing as I recalled his thoughts at the moment he rescued her in Spain. It affected him deeply and profoundly. I really liked both of them as she is brave, courageous and resourceful and he is an incredible operative, almost poetic in his abilities.

Where I had issues
I just wish the best of both of them showed up in their relationship. He suffered tiresomely from "I'm not good enough for her" because of his tragic childhood (and it's pretty bad) as he saw her through idealistic eyes. It was just so drawn out that I found myself hoping Jamie would just leave him for good.

It was also puzzling as to why Jamie was so adamant about finding Stanford and bringing him to justice on her own. While her inroad was sound, she hadn't a clue as to how to move forward afterward. Her stubbornness was just not plausible, nor was Dylan's plan to get her to share what she knew.

The bottom line
Despite these issues, I enjoyed the story, primarily because of all the tension and suspense around the detection and capture of Stanford Reddington and his enterprise. It was chilling at times with interesting revelations. I just wasn't as invested in the romance. 3.5 stars
10 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Revenge.

05/25/2015 marked as: currently-reading
06/02/2015 marked as: read

Charlene I'm just about to pick this one up, after I answer questions on #7 discussion :)

Kris - My Novelesque Life I agree with your 3.5 rating on this book.

Jonetta Starts strong but then gets a little repetitious.

Kris - My Novelesque Life I was so excited because of the characters but I completely agree with you.

Jonetta I was, too. Dylan came across so differently in this story. Jamie lived up to expectations.

Kris - My Novelesque Life He came across very scattered in this book when he's usually assured in his actions and thoughts.