Jamie's Reviews > The Moonshine War

The Moonshine War by Elmore Leonard

Sep 30, 12

bookshelves: favorites, the-dirty-south, always-reading
Read from September 29 to 30, 2012, read count: 2

Well, this just came out of nowhere to be all kinds of good and then some. Between this and you-know-what I hereby petition Elmore Leonard to write about nothing but Kentucky from now on.

First read June 2011

* * *

September 2012:

I wanted to see if this was still my favorite and yes, yes it is.
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Moonshine War.

Daniel Villines Your enthusiasm for you-know-what leads me to think that this may be something that should not be missed. I even imagine that it just might be as good as I always thought BSG was. Possible?

Jamie Well, I’m highly biased but I would say not just possible: probable. I understand, of course, if you need an opinion from someone who hasn’t seen every episode forty times or, two months after the second season, is still re-watching the whole season at least once a week.

For what it’s worth, I haven’t yet introduced the show to someone who hasn’t loved it, even if it’s slightly less than I do. (The only way.) I’m still looking for that exception, fielding all offers and applicants.

Daniel Villines And now, not probable, but factual!

message 4: by Melanie (new) - added it

Melanie Kentucky hollers!

Jamie Hah, I don’t even remember making that comment above. I’d amend it by striking out the only way, but I am still looking for that exception... :)