Lynn's Reviews > The Inside Story

4193245
Jun 28, 11

bookshelves: listened-to-on-audiobook
Read in June, 2011

In my humble opinion everyone should read Michael Buckley's Sisters Grimm series. It is just that good.

Sabrina, Daphne, and Puck have leapt into the Book of Everafter to stop Mirror and save their little brother. They must move from one story to another taking roles in the story and that is half the fun. Okay, what story will be next. With a sentence of a clue, can you figure out where they are before they state it?

The relationship between Puck and Sabrina is hilarious as it develops. The reader knows that they really are good friends and they continue their rude comments of dog-face and stinky all through out, yet when push comes to shove and either needs help and support the other is there in amazing ways.

I love the commentary about being a hero -- once when Sabrina is bemoaning her failures. Puck comes in with such wonderful insight that only a 12 year old boy who has been a boy for 4000 years could come up with. "You are not a failure, you are a hero and heroes have to overcome difficulty"

I think nowadays many kids (and adults) forget who are real heroes. We see celebrities and sports stars and forget that they are rarely people we should want to emulate. Sabrina has her faults (many of them in fact) but she does her best to overcome her failures and pursue the good to help her family.

This is just about the best series ever and I am so disappointed that there is only ONE more book left in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Inside Story.