Nicole's Reviews > The Darkest Surrender

The Darkest Surrender by Gena Showalter

Jun 28, 2011

bookshelves: to-read-series, fav-series, fav-author, paranormal, paranormal-romance, demons, sexy
Recommended to Nicole by: PNR fans
Read from December 07 to 09, 2011

Another Gem in the Lords of the Underworld series. I didn't think I would love this one so much but Strider was Hysterical... Ego check!

Any of these with the Harpy's are down right Laugh you Heine off funny. The men of this series are dangerous and sizzling hot and the women are powerful and strong.

I also liked the build up off the next Lords stories coming up, Next up.. PARIS!!!! Woohoo! Also Kain's story looks promising.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkest Surrender.

Quotes Nicole Liked

Gena Showalter
“That's because I'm made of awesome."

"And dipped in awesome."

"And sprinkled with awesome."

"Gods, I love the taste of awesome.”

Gena Showalter
“We were just sitting on the bed, together, and you were just drinking from me, your mouth on my skin, and you didn't have any panties on?"

"You mean you didn't look?”

Gena Showalter
“When is your birthday?” (…)
Wide silver-gold eyes swung to him. “You don’t know?”
“No.”
Pouting, she twirled a strand of her hair. “How can you not know?”
“Do you know mine?” he asked.
“Of course I do. It’s the day you met me.”

Gena Showalter
“The best way to spell victory? K-I-L-L.”

Gena Showalter
“Humans had a saying. Mess with the bull and get the horns. Well, Harpies had a saying, too. Mess with a Harpy and die.”

Gena Showalter
“He willed his body to remain unaffected. Sabin would fuss if Strider sported a hard-on around his precious. And, of course, "fuss" meant Strider would find his intestines wrapped around his neck, breathing a thing of the past.”

Gena Showalter
“I would have been here sooner but Lysander held me prisoner in our cloud," Bianka said with a grin. "He wouldn't relent until Sabin gave the ok. Which I still don't understand and will continue to punish him for until he spills. Secrets or guts, I don't care which.”

12/08/2011 page 148
35.0% "So good! I love the Lords and esp the Harpies"
12/08/2011 page 287
67.0% "Humans had a saying. Mess with the bull and get the horns. Well, Harpies had a saying, too. Mess with a Harpy and die"
show 1 hidden update…

Comments (showing 1-8)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 8: by Kristin (new)

Kristin I am falling behind on the series. The last one I read what Darkest Whisper.

Nicole OH NO! You have to catch up! I liked Gideon & Amun's but I am loving Strider's book. Paris should be coming soon as well!

message 6: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Paris is the one I REALLY want to read. After that teaser with him at the beginning, I have been itching for more. So far my fave is Lucien's story.

Nicole I still have to go with Maddox he is so BAD boy, lol.

Although I love Anya and am really digging this one because of Kaia, the Harpy's are just so wicked

message 4: by Kristin (new)

Kristin I just got The Darkest Angel from the library today but I haven't started reading it yet.

Nicole I have not read that one yet, that is a novella right?

Midu Hadi and poor Lucien, Anya's got him domesticated! hehe

Midu Hadi I liked this one a lot. This and the 2nd book are my faves!