Nereyda (Nick & Nereyda's Infinite Booklist)'s Reviews > Until I Die

Until I Die by Amy Plum

May 08, 2012

bookshelves: arc, tbr-pile
Read from May 06 to 08, 2012

***ARC provided by HarperTeen for review***
Kate and Vincent think they have found a compromising solution for their human-revenant relationship: he will refrain from sacrificing himself by saving other people’s lives. But when a dangerous incident occurs, Kate realizes how hard it is for Vincent to resist saving other people’s lives and that the best case scenario for them is for him to hold out on saving people-at least until she dies. Desperate to find another solution, both Kate and Vincent each secretly search for a way for them to be together and have their happily-ever-after.

In Until I Die, we get learn more about the fascinating world of revenants! We also get to meet a couple of new revenants who become important to the story. Kate and Vincent’s relationship was not my favorite in the first book, but I felt that they really grew and their relationship was stronger and more believable to me. What made it better for me was the fact that I could feel their desperation to find a solution. And, I know already said this in my review of Die For Me, but OMG, I LOVED Jules! He was definitely one of my favorite characters. Him, along with Georgia, managed to lighten up and add humor to every scene they were in. I also loved all the flirty comments he gives Kate as much of the glimpses we see of his serious side, which leads me to believe that he might have real feeling for Kate. How do I feel about that? Not really sure since I think Kate and Vincent belong together but at the same time I'm…curious.

Until I Die was full of romance, action, suspense, humor, desperation and more than enough twist to keep you guessing where the story will go next. The writing was fast-paced and will suck you in and beg you to keep reading it until you devour it all. Oh, and don’t even get me started on the ending. If you thought the book description would prepare you for the cliffhanger ending, you are in for a surprise. The shocking ending will leave you surprised, conflicted and desperately wishing that we didn’t have to wait so long until the next book!

Both of the covers in this series are breathtakingly beautiful and do the books justice. I can't wait to get my hands on the final book of the Revenants series, If I Should Die, although I am more than a little nervous and anxious as to where the story will take us next. But, as long as Kate, Georgia, the revenants and the city of Paris are long for the ride, then count me in! Until I Die is a must book for fans of this series and new readers will be mesmerized by this beautiful and addictive new world!

4.5 out of 5 sparkly stars!

Some of my favorite non spoiler quotes from Until I Die:
-It hadn’t escaped my attention that I preferred to spend time with the undead rather than the living. I tried not to think about what that said about me.

-“It was an awful time for you. You’ll never get over your parents’ death, I'm not even suggesting that. But you're doing better now. You're coping with life.”
“Questionable, since I hang out with a bunch of dead people.”

-Eww. Although I wanted to know everything about the revenants, sometimes the details Vincent gave me fell into the TMI category.

-Jules was trying the guilt-trip method of attack. And it was working. “Okay, I’ll pose for you,” I conceded. “But under no circumstances will any article of clothing leave my body while I am in your studio.”
“And if you're elsewhere?” he asked, breaking into a sly smile.

-“Kate, if this works, it’s our answer. I’ll be able to avoid death…”
“Until I die,” I filled in the gap.

--Trying to resist you is like trying to resist dying. It just gets harder the longer I hold out.
Read more of my reviews and author interviews at:
Nereyda @Mostly YA Book Obsessed
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Until I Die.

05/06 page 40