Jana (The Book Goddess)'s Reviews > Sweet Evil

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: 2012-reads, blog-reviewed, debut-author-2012, to-read
Read from April 30 to May 02, 2012

Also posted on the blog: http://jana-thebookgoddess.blogspot.c...

This. THIS book is why I love paranormal. Why it's still my favourite ever genre and why I'm still a bit obsessed with it. This debut by Wendy Higgins is a must read for any YA paranormal fan, and angel stories (a fun, original take, that is!) and if you luuurve British boys. I mean, who doesn't?

The angel/demon aspect is definitely something I haven't read about before, and I thought it was very creative and unique! I love the whole idea of the Seven Sins (lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy and pride) and that each demon is specialized in one of the sins. One of the best scenes was learning more about each Duke and their sons/daughters. I also became invested in everyone in this book. Anna, Kaidan and all the characters they meet along their journey! Anna's dad too, lol!

Kaidan. SIGH. He's British, plays in a band(!) and oh so sexy! He is probably one of my favourite ever bad boys! Right up there in the top with Daemon, Jace, Patch etc. He's also the son of the Duke of Lust. Major WIN!!! Anyway, his chemistry with Anna was just SO HOT! Guys, if you're like me, and you adore romance in your books, then I think Sweet Evil won't disappoint! Anna the MC was already great, and I love the fact that she's a good girl. Like me! Oh, but one thing I didn't appreciate about her was her crying. It's like she was always crying. Suck it up girl!

The ending was really sad :( because I didn't get what I wanted but I'm hoping the situations will get better in the sequel! THERE HAS TO BE A SEQUEL. PLEASE!

Oh and can I just say I love the cover? I love how it highlights the dark and the light feel of the book! I couldn't imagine a more perfect cover than this one!

This is definitely one of my favourite debuts of 2012, and I am begging the publishers to publish the sequel! I love love love this!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Evil.

Quotes Jana (The Book Goddess) Liked

Wendy Higgins
“He was smoking hot. As in H-O-T-T, hott. I’d never understood until that moment why girls insisted on adding an extra t. This guy was extra-t-worthy.”

Wendy Higgins
“Wait,” Kaidan called from behind me. I squeezed my eyes shut for a second, but kept walking. Then I felt his hand around my
wrist, spinning me in a half circle and pulling me to his chest. His face was so close. He reached down and cupped my face with one
woolly hand, and wiped the top corner of my lip hard with his thumb. I flinched back.
“What are you doing?”
“I...” He appeared to have no idea himself. “I wanted to see your freckle.”
A vulnerable tenderness flashed across his face, more painful to see than the coldness. It took every ounce of strength I had not to
beg for one last kiss. As fast as his expression had softened, it was back to stone again.
“What do you want from me, Kai?”
“For starters?” His voice lowered to sexy, dangerous depths. “I want to introduce myself to every freckle on your body.”
A powerful shiver ripped through me.”

Wendy Higgins
“Seriously," I whispered, unable to look away. "You're doing the bedroom-eyes thing again.”

Wendy Higgins
“Because all I could think about was you, Anna, and how good you are, and what you'd think of me. You put thoughts into my head a Neph shouldn't have!”

04/30/2012 page 31
7.0% "So good so far! I like Anna and Kaidan is SO hot! ;)"
04/30/2012 page 66
14.0% "Love the biblical approach on this! :)"
05/01/2012 page 72
16.0% 3 comments
30.0% "This is freaking amazing! ;D" 1 comment
05/01/2012 page 138
30.0% "This is freaking amazing! ;D"
30.0% "This is freaking amazing! ;D" 2 comments
05/01/2012 page 214
46.0% "God...can't stop reading..but have to go to sleep..but I don't want to.."
show 8 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Olivia wow sounds so awesome :) did you hear about the cover contest for the sequel, Sweet Hope? Wendy Higgins will name a character of her choice after the winner's name in Sweet Hope. Try checking out this link. Sounds awesome!
Cover Contest