Wafiyah's Reviews > Rapture

Rapture by Lauren Kate

Oct 04, 12

bookshelves: fallen-angels-etc, romance, paranormal-romance, not-so-good, worst, anticlimactic, fantasy, horrible-romance, terrible-protagonist, sloooww-progress
Recommended to Wafiyah by: Passion by Lauren Kate
Recommended for: Whoever wants to finish a series. Bad.
Read from July 04 to October 04, 2012, read count: Once

** spoiler alert ** To put it in a nutshell, this book took me forever to read. I had to force myself to just click on the "place hold" button on my library website so that I could just finish the series already. To be honest, it was an extremely slow read. Seeing as how the third book had come out last summer, I pretty much forgot a lot that had happened in the novel and didn't know what to expect in this book. My initial thought when I finished the book was "meh." It could've ended a lot better. I don't really know why there had to be that kind of epilogue, I honestly don't think of it (view spoiler) as a happy ending, especially because it can end in so many ways. Maybe I'm wrong, but their love could end up weak and to be honest, I felt they had more passion in their other lives. No matter how "insta-love" Daniel and Luce were in their past lives, all their moments brought up their history and the plot of the series. Seeing it all go down like that wasn't really a good moment for me.

I have to say this one point - I don't enjoy when books are written in third person. It works on several series, but every time I read it in Rapture, I felt this odd sense of distance from all the characters. And since I already feel that Luce is a dainty little angel girl whom everyone feels the necessary urge to save when she's in distress, the whole "listening to her point of view" just made me want to give up the book.

Sure, it was pretty much better than the last two books, I'll give it that, but it didn't have the super-mind-changing, rating-changing action or ending, or romance for that matter, that would make me give Rapture a higher rating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapture.

07/04/2012 "I'm not expecting myself to finish, or even get past twenty pages, of this book by sometime in the next week. I'm only on the fifth page, after all. *yawn*"

dateDown_arrow    newest »