Mandy 's Reviews > Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

Apr 22, 08

Read in April, 2008

If I could I would give this 2 1/2 stars but since I can't I am leaning more to two stars. Here's the breakdown for me:

The Good- It was a quick, easy read. I didn't know who the murderer was and was slightly surprised when finding it out. The recipes look delicious that were added, very cute idea! And lastly, it's good to read someone else has the same belief as I do, "Chocolate can cure just about anything!" :)

The Bad- The characters are a bit annoying, the story highly unrealistic, the main character lacks sympathy and I kept thinking the bro-in-law does not deserve the promotion! What work has he done??? The book lacks depth but if looking for a quick murder mystery book this one is perfect!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Karen I felt the same way about the brother in law. But I really liked the book! I'm planning to read her other ones too. I really like the recipes and I'm planning to try a few if not all of them out.

Mandy I am glad you enjoyed the book. It was a cute book. The story kept me guessing that's for sure. The recipes do look good and I believe Abby tried one of them and really enjoyed it! You will have to ask her which one it was.

Karen I think she said it was the chocolate chip crunchies one. I think I'm going to use that one for Madisons carnival. I have to bake a ton of cookies for that. Better that than having to help out THAT day and miss all of the fun. :O)

Beth I felt the same way...he really accepted her doing all the interviewing, was unreachable in the middle of a major investigation, and accepted "Here's info, but I can't tell you who told me?"

The chocolate chip crunchies are a new favorite at my house, though...