Linda's Reviews > Tempting Harriet

Tempting Harriet by Mary Balogh

Aug 24, 11

bookshelves: from-library
Read in June, 2011

This is the third book in the series and I believe it's the best, I really didn't like the second book and I haven't come across a copy of the first one in the series. However, the lead characters from that one show up in the successive books, and they didn't really appeal to me.

The duke in this book: Archibald Vinney, Duke Of Trenby (love the name) has some of the same mannerisms of Balogh's later creation Wulfric Bedwyn; silver eyes, quizzing glass addiction and haughtiness. However, Archie has a weakness that haunts him for years--Harriet. They meet in the second book of the series but she rejects his overtures to be his mistress. His plan to offer marriage is thwarted by his grandfather's sudden illness and the end of book 2.

In this finale of the series, the couple meets six years later. Harriet is a widow with a daughter and Trenby is pressured to find a wife. They reunite and discover passion is glorious but not fulfilling for who they are and who they want to be. A quick and satisfying read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tempting Harriet.