Cathy 's Reviews > Down to the Bone

Down to the Bone by Justina Robson

Oct 01, 11

bookshelves: angels-demons, elves-fae, science-fiction, romance, read-in-2011, mythology, paranormal, magic-users
Read from September 30 to October 01, 2011

I really wanted to like it, especially as the culmination of a five book series. But it kept getting more and more confusing. It was so long and each revelation just confused me more instead of being a cool ah-ha moment. As usual, there was way more tell me than show me, but it was really out of control this time, with long philosophical discussions both of real-world philosophy and issues specific to the story. it was just was too long and most of all, way too confusing. By the end I didn't care about the reveals I just wanted to find out what happened and finish so I could move on to something more fun. Which is a shame, because I still like Lila and a lot of the elements. But the emotional nature of the characters never really manifested in any of the books so when the plot failed too she really lost me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Down to the Bone.

09/29/2011 page 1
0.29% "Always weird starting the final book in a series, exciting and sad."
09/30/2011 page 72
20.93% "Uh oh, Teaz broke up with Lila and Zal. I think they'll get back together by the end, I think these 3 belong together."
09/30/2011 page 95
27.62% ""I don't know how to go on. I don't know what to do. Or why," she said. "Welcome to the club," he said. "I find if you just keep breathing and deal with it one minute at a time, that's usually enough.""