Maya's Reviews > A Murderous Procession

A Murderous Procession by Ariana Franklin

1208350
For some reason, picked this up despite not having read #2 or #3 of the series, and proceeded to be utterly sucked in to the next slice of Adelia's most unusual life.

This author makes history truly come alive for me like few others; as I read about the latest developments in Adelia's personal life and those of her close companions, I felt desperately sad that it seems that with the author's recent passing, readers will learn no more about this unique cast of characters.

Perhaps because of that finite sense of appreciation for the author's skill and storytelling, I was much more receptive to the pros of this installment (the funny and telling opening depicting how soccer fanaticism is no recent thing, the village life in the Pyrenees mountains, the intriguing new male character of O'Donnell) than the single monstrously huge con (the protagonist, supposedly such a brilliant person, being so willfully blind for so, so long about something obvious).

Fare thee well, Ms. Franklin. I loved the world you brought to life.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Murderous Procession.