Wendy *Sebella Blue* Mitchell's Reviews > Forever Freed

Forever Freed by Laura Kaye

Jul 11, 11

bookshelves: requested-review
Read from July 06 to 11, 2011

I really wanted to give this book 4 and a half, and then I thought..."Why not 5?" and to be perfectly honest, I can't give you a good answer. I'm trying to remember if I've ever given a 5 to a book with a kid in it, and I don't think I have. Hmmmm, something to ponder. Anyway, I "on the fence" loved/really liked this book. This is why authors send death threats to reviewers.
What I loved about it was the format. I was in heaven over the totally from the hero's POV. I don't need to know what the heroine thinks. I am a woman, as the reader, I think for her. That may not be right, but it's me, and I like it. At first, Lucien was a little sensitive for my taste. I like grunting cavemen, sue me. Then he becomes protective and possessive, so I'm starting to feel him. He did plan to drink her dry in the beginning and that's not very sensitive, is it? Point being, that Lucien is climbing the ladder to drool worthy. The story was nicely told, and the oh, so proper lovers wait months to consummate the relationship. They did fool around a tad, and even shared a bed. Willpower is a wonderful thing. When they finally got to the nasty on Christmas Eve, it was very inspiring and not in the least bit restrained. Yay!!
Of course it wouldn't be a Wendy review if I din't moan about the heroine some. Samantha was over the top cheerful. That's what drew Lucien, was her overwhelming aura of joy. Whatever trips your switch. I like a little piss and vinegar. Joking aside though, she spent months getting to know the heart of this man, and then questions his differences. After he saves her and the kid not once but twice! Can you say groveling time? Her daughter, Olivia showed much more maturity in accepting Lucien for his good heart and not his sharp teeth than Samantha did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever Freed.

07/08 page 74
22.0% "I absolutely love the fact that this is written entirely from his POV. Outstanding!"
07/09 page 132
40.0% "I am really liking this accept for the violin playing. I know I'm strange but that does not scream hot, animal sex to me."
07/09 page 132
40.0% "I am really liking this except for the violin playing. I know I'm strange but that does not scream hot, animal sex to me."
07/09 page 132
40.0% "I'm not sure how I feel about pink....stuff."
07/10 page 185
56.0% "I'd been wondering what was in that flask."
04/21 marked as: requested-review