Christy (TheReaderBee)'s Reviews > Love Story

Love Story by Jennifer Echols

2201617
Jun 27, 2011

bookshelves: arcs-for-review, read-in-2011, ya-contemporary, young-adult-fiction
Read in June, 2011

I was really excited for the chance to read Love Story. This is my second read by Ms. Echols, my first being Forget You, which I enjoyed. I pushed Love Story to the top of my reading stack; I was so excited to read it. I really love a good love story, so I couldn’t wait to get started on this.

I really liked the story. I thought the plot was very believable and well paced. I read the book in a very short period of time. It was a quick read, but it was also, somewhat, an emotional read. The writing was really wonderful; I love Ms. Echols way of telling stories.

Unfortunately, I didn’t really connect with the characters, at all. Actually, I liked Erin in the beginning of the book, she was very determined to go after the future she wanted for herself. But towards the end of the book it seems like she just gave up. I didn’t really care for Hunter at all; I thought he was a jerk. I didn’t really care for their relationship either. They were all over the place. One second they liked each other, the next they didn’t. It was confusing trying to keep up with them. I did like some of the secondary characters, mostly Erin’s roommates. I do wish that they had a bigger part in the story.
I would recommend this book to the older YA crowd, as it has a lot of sexual talk involved.

Overall, I enjoyed the book, but not so much the characters. That is just my opinion, and I’m sure everyone else will like them. Unfortunately, they just didn’t work for me. The story, however, was great.

3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Story.

Annette I agree with: "They were all over the place. One second they liked each other, the next they didn’t. It was confusing trying to keep up with them." That's exactly what I didn't like about this book! I think it needed someone to read through it for 'sense'. I did like the characters though. :)