Sarah's Reviews > A Lady's Lesson in Scandal

A Lady's Lesson in Scandal by Meredith Duran

Jun 27, 2011

bookshelves: romance, best-of-the-genre
Read in June, 2011

Sometimes I feel like Meredith Duran can read my mind. It's as if, every so often she senses my unholy frustration with wallpaper historicals, with heroes and heroines who monologue incessantly about the other's looks, and with characters that fall in love Because The Author Says So.

And then she releases a new book and I spend a day refusing to talk to anyone while I gulp it up like a person who just found water in the desert.

There's so much to rave about for "A Lady's Lesson in Scandal" (except, perhaps the title) that I don't even know where to start. There's the constant subtle scenes that tug at your heart-strings because it is SO apparent that Simon and Nell are the only ones for each other. They are - literally - partners in crime, and it's joyful to read. The way they get to know each other, slowly, and cautiously; the way they adapt and move past the hurts that are holding them back; it's all perfect and perfectly written.

At the end, they're a couple that you would WANT to know, that would be a pleasure to have around for their sheer mischievous energy. As with all of Duran's books, this is one for the keeper shelf. You'll want to re-read this over and over again, to spend time in Simon and Nell's world.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lady's Lesson in Scandal.