Meagan's Reviews > Rabbit-Proof Fence: The True Story of One of the Greatest Escapes of All Time

Rabbit-Proof Fence by Doris Pilkington

Oct 02, 2011

liked it
Read from August 23 to 24, 2011

great story, but I wish it could have been a little more detailed. Only 56 pages made for a quick read and hard to actually get to "know" the characters or form any attachment to them. But, good story all in all. Read this book for book club selection in October 2011.

I have now read the longer version and enjoyed it much more. Apparently the movie it quite good too.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rabbit-Proof Fence.

09/22/2011 ""Re-reading" this book. We're reading this book for book club, but the version I first read was the shortened version. Now to read the real version..." 3 comments

message 1: by Dana (new)

Dana Are you sure you read the "full" version? I think it's supposed to be just over 100 pages, but the 50 page one is the adaptation from the movie.

Alida I was about to ask the same question. The full version is certainly more detailed.

Meagan I knew that there was a longer and shorter version of this book, but the librarian at the library had a hard enough time finding this version for me, I wasn't going to be a pain and tell her that I really wanted the longer version. Maybe I'll keep looking... October is a ways off. :)