Cassandra (The book & movie dimension blogger)'s Reviews > Everneath

liked it
bookshelves: young-adult, romance, paranormal
Read in February, 2012

--Review courtesy from Book & Movie Dimension a Blog--

There was something thoroughly unique about the use of mythology in Everneath. The idea that Forfeits in the Underworld get fed of by Everlivings which are basically Immortals. They are in many ways interesting to see in the paranormal.

The story is told by Nikki. A pretty regular girl that happens to be allowed to return to Earth. So when she returns to Earth to the life she left behind and the boy she once loved so much named Jack she finds it hard to let go. Its making us be in for some serious heartache to see them fall in love all over again knowing that their love is tragic. Nikki is't going to be able to stay on Earth forever. The tunnels that helped one of the Immortals named Cole to feed of her are coming back to reclaim her. So not good at all.

As far as the story of Everneath it was pretty satisfying. The desperation of counting down the weeks/months by Nikki toward her reclaim of The Tunnels is a nice touch. Something that bothered me and didn't allow me to enjoy the novel completely at times was knowing that Jack might have cheated on her in the past and Nikki never brought it up. It was as if she'd already had lost him before The Tunnels took her. For a moment believed that maybe he had cheated on her and she'd just loved him so much she's forgive him which would not sit well with me. Thankfully this misunderstanding got cleared up and made me love Everneath all the more. Jack was now more likeable but strangely enough Cole is one character that loved more and find myself wanting to see more of. He had this way that showed he adored Nikki even though Nikki didn't give him a chance. At least some Nikki and Cole moments happened.

For the first in the trilogy of Everneath, Cole and Nikki was what held true passion for me. When we are talking about the relationship with Nikki and Jack sad to say it made the story come away a bit boring so would have been better to see more Cole or some of the supernatural.Sure Jack was an admirable character but Cole to me seemed really wonderful. That may be why looking forward to the next novel in Everneath by Brodi. Not too bad a novel.
Overall: Good read
Genre: Paranormal, Romance, Young Adult, Mythology(Greek)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everneath.