Pam's Reviews > Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me

Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me by Chelsea Handler

Jul 05, 11

bookshelves: audiobook
Read in July, 2011

I have watched Chelsea Handler on Chelsea Lately, and I have read "Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea?", so I had an inkling of what to expect from "Lies that Chelsea Handler Told Me." But it was even better then I expected.

This book is written by friends and colleagues of Chelsea, and it is basically their stories of her pranks and lies to them. You see, Chelsea loves to lie and she loves to pull pranks, and the two go hand in hand. I can see why she loves to lie, she is fabulous at it! As each person told their tales, I marveled at her skill. The ability to weave a lie so convoluted that it had to true, is amazing. Writers getting their pictures taken for Time Magazine, a dog that may be a cat, artificial legs...it's all there.

What makes it even funnier is that the people know she lies, so each time they are presented with something, they are 99% certain it is probably a lie. But there is that 1% chance it might be true, and that is what she plays on.

I listened to the audiobook, and each section was read by the person who wrote it, which made it doubly enjoyable!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lies That Chelsea Handler Told Me.