Diane U's Reviews > The Wounded Heart

The Wounded Heart by Adina Senft

Aug 29, 11

bookshelves: amish
Read from August 22 to 26, 2011

Amelia is a widow with two young children and her husband's business to run. She starts having so medical issues and is unsure on which path to take for her treatment. There is already a member of her community with multiple sclerosis and she is strapped to a wheelchair. Amelia does not want to be like her and be on medicationn for the rest of her life. She was informed of another treatment in Mexico that could possibly cure her but her bishop would not allow it. Going to Mexico for the treatment would cause her to be banned from her Amish community. She prays to God for an answer.

Meanwhile, she meets Eli Fischer who was a relative of local family who is interested in buying her business. As she gets to know him, he tells her that he would like to court her but she can't. She does not want to be a physical burden on a new husband with her MS and pushes him away. Besides, it has almost been a year since her husband was killed in a buggy accident. Eli is widower who also lost his wife and son in a buggy accident. He is looking for love in a new place and to be able to begin a new life for himself.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! This is the first book that I have read form Adina Senft. I am looking forward to reading the next book in this series, The Hidden Life! I cannot wait to read more about Emma as a senior single in the community.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wounded Heart.