Fox's Reviews > Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games

Locke & Key, Vol. 2 by Joe Hill

1702050
Jan 16, 12

bookshelves: 2011, fantasy, fiction, graphic-novel, horror, mars-book, mystery, own, series, 2012
Read on September 24, 2011 — I own a copy

Once more, Joe Hill delivers!

After finishing the first volume of this, happily found in the local library, I knew that I would be unable to rest until I found the next one. Luckily, a copy was waiting for me in the used book store I frequent. I like supporting the local businesses.

Anyway, the first volume was one of the best written graphic novels I've ever laid my hands on. Between Locke and Key and Finder, I am hard pressed to understand how anyone could look down on graphic novels in general. Joe Hill brings brilliant ideas to to the table, greatly complimented by Rodrigeuz's gifted illustrations.

If you've not read these yet - read them. You are in for a fantastic story, and really striking artwork. Better yet, the series is still going strong. Let's keep Locke and Key on the bestseller's list. :)

****

Upon a second reading - dear lord, it only gets better. There are so many subtleties within the artwork that only reveal themselves upon deeper, or subsequent readings.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Locke & Key, Vol. 2.

09/24/2011 page 160