Carly's Reviews > Into the Parallel

Into the Parallel by Robin Brande

Jun 27, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, tbf-author
Read from July 03 to 23, 2011

I don't even know where to begin reviewing Robin Brande's latest book, so let me start with this: it was, like everything she has written, excellent. "Into the Parallel" had the same spot-on characterization, emotion, and dialogue that I have come to expect from Brande, but it also added aspects of reality that read like fantasy to mix. "Into the Parallel" will undoubtedly satisfy both fantasy fans and the contemporary realistic fiction crowd with it's mix of quantum physics that seems too crazy to be true and a smart, adventurous narrator who couldn't be more true-to-life. Brande effectively brings some of the most complex theories of quantum physics down to a level that the average reader can understand and, as she's done in "Evolution, Me, and Other Freaks of Nature" and "Fat Cat," shown that science is way more cool than the average high school chemistry teacher may lead you to believe. With a cliff-hanger ending that has me counting down the days until the end of August when book two is released, "Into the Parallel" has me shouting off the rooftops that everyone should read this novel.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Into the Parallel.

message 1: by Julia (new)

Julia Carly this looks so good, I am always impressed with the amount of info and research Robin does for a book. I know her background, but she does make intelligent stories.

message 2: by Carly (new) - added it

Carly I'll let you know how it is as soon as I finish it. You should read "Doggirl," which came out in May. It's available on Barnes&Noble.com for the Nook or there are print copies available from Amazon.com.

message 3: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne Furness I just finally got Doggirl in PB and am looking forward to getting this one. I'm still not reading ebooks. I suppose I should get with the program on that, but I like the paper.

message 4: by Carly (new) - added it

Carly I definitely prefer paper to ebook, but I love that ebooks are cheaper and sometimes available earlier. This one will definitely be worth the wait!