Bruce's Reviews > The Daughter of Time

The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey

Oct 27, 2009

liked it
Recommended to Bruce by: Leta
Recommended for: Shakespeare enthusiasts and casual fans of the Tudors and English history
Read in October, 2009

This is a bit of an odd book which I will give but the shortest of reviews, since it has been thoroughly covered by myriad other GoodReaders. Chiefly, I suggest checking out Leta on 03/10/2008, Martine on 10/05/2009, and Meagan on 02/29/2008 each of whom I think best represent the gamut of my views.

This book is neither fully nonfiction nor fiction, but rather an attempt at history-mystery (Richard III - villain or victim of history?) by way of GoodReads-style lit. reviews (including a number of scathing parodies of various literary styles). Here, a bed-bound detective taken with NPG-UK's portrait has confederates spoon-feed him information from various sources until he can sum up his definitive findings in the matter... only to discover that had he but had a copy of Walpole he need never have bothered in the first place. Ah, well. Passed the time, di'n't it?

That it does. That it does.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Daughter of Time.