Char's Reviews > 'Are these my basoomas I see before me?'

'Are these my basoomas I see before me?' by Louise Rennison

Jun 29, 11

bookshelves: buddy-read, funny, favorites, georgia-nicolson, louise-rennison, read-in-2011
Read from June 27 to 28, 2011

For my full review please visit my blog:http://shadowsireview.blogspot.com/20...

As finales go, this wasn't the best I've ever read. For me this is probably the least entertaining of the ten books. I was getting ready to scream at the book for Georgia to do what she should have done from the beginning. There weren't as many laugh out loud moments as the jokes were stale and the book was a bit too long. I did like the end though, I thought it was the perfect ending.

As far as characters go I was bored of Masimo in this one, he was a bit of a plank. His grasp of the English language seemed to lessen with every book, that may be due to him hanging out with Georgia though. Speaking of, Georgia was incredibly dim for the majority of the novel, it annoyed me a bit. Jas' epiphany was pretty awesome. It made her a better character. Rosie was bonkers... as always. Sven was awesome... as always and finally Dave the Laugh was the best of them all.

I'm actually a little sad as I write this. Over the past couple of weeks I felt as though I truly was a part of Georgia's life and now she's left me. I realise I seem to have picked up Georgia's love of being dramatic but for me that's testament to how good a write Louise Rennison is. While this is probably my least favourite of the series I still think this is well written. The main problem for me was the lack of new material.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 'Are these my basoomas I see before me?'.

Quotes Char Liked

Louise Rennison
“P.P.S. I am giving you telepathic hugs.
P.P.P.S. But not in a telepathically lezzie way.”
Louise Rennison, Are These My Basoomas I See Before Me?

06/27/2011 page 53