MizzSandie's Reviews > Wuthering Heights

Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë

I now this is a classic that most people love and it's considered a great romance by many.

Well.

I'm not one of them.

I didn't like or care for a single character in this book. They were all one-dimensional characters and in real life even 'bad' people have more nuance and depth than these people.

I see absolutely nothing romantic about Heathcliff and Cathy's relationship, and seriously disliked both of them for all their egocentred, selfish and abusive behaviour. The remaining characters were not much better, they were all whiny, dumb and/or as weak as the main characters.

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wuthering Heights.

Quotes MizzSandie Liked

Emily Brontë
“My love for Linton is like the foliage in the woods: time will change it, I'm well aware, as winter changes the trees. My love for Heathcliff resembles the eternal rocks beneath: a source of little visible delight, but necessary. Nelly, I am Healthcliff! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, any more than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being.”
Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights

Emily Brontë
“Treachery and violence are spears pointed at both ends; they wound those who resort to them worse than their enemies.”
Emily Brontë, Wuthering Heights

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Satia Good for you! I gave it a three because I loved how it was written and the characters are strongly defined, etc. But like the novel? Bleh. Nope. Not much.

Ceecee haha. but they were so entertaining to me. i loved the drama. :3