Jarizona's Reviews > Texas Blue

Jun 26, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: thomas-jodi
Read on April 01, 2011 — I own a copy , read count: 1

For those that have read the Whispering Mountain Series there is going to be disappointment in this book. I've been wondering if this was my first Jodi Thomas book what I would think.

Texas Blue is the first of the "next generation" re Whispering Mountain stories. Emily McMurray is the oldest (adopted daughter of Teagan from Tall, Dark & Texan) of the next generation. Overall the story is ok but having read and re-read Tall, Dark & Texan a number of times somehow I just don't see a citified gambler as a match for Emily McMurray. I didn't like that Teagan and Jess are away from the ranch because their son is ill. It did not ring true that Duck (their cousin) would be sending suitors to the ranch when the girls are there without their folks or some chaperone.....Almost like it was a "fast" write so Ms. Thomas could get back to her contemporary stories. Don't get me wrong, I read the contemporary also and am as die hard to pre-order and get my hands on those as the historicals but I truly feel this book fell short.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Texas Blue.