Freida's Reviews > Iron House

Iron House by John Hart

Jun 26, 11

Michael and Julian are orphan brothers left to fend for own lives at Iron House. Michael is the strong one and Julian is the one picked on, beaten, and tormented. Michael always takes care of Julian and he takes care of it when Julian kills one of the tormentors. This requires Michael to leave, but Julian is adopted. Many years later Michael has grown up as the enforcer for a powerful mob boss and Julian as the pampered son of a powerful Senator.

When the mob boss dies not only Michael is in danger, but everyone he loves, his pregnant girlfriend, and his long forgotten family, his brother, is also in danger. There are many different aspects of the story that Michael must dig through in order to discover the truth of why there are dead bodies in the Senator’s lake, why it seems that Julian has lost touch with reality, and why Iron House seems to be involved in all of it.

Hart has written an excellent action book. This was the first book I have ever read by Hart, but I will certainly look for others by him. I read an advance copy from the publisher and I do have one suggestion for John Hart, take it from someone who was there, in 1965 it was a Pontiac GTO not a Ford, so I hope that they will correct that before the book is released.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron House.