Julianna's Reviews > Prince Caspian

Prince Caspian by C.S. Lewis

Jun 03, 08

bookshelves: read-2008, tween-fiction, classics
Read in June, 2008

I read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe when I was in 5th or 6th grade, but for some reason, never chose to finish the series. With The Chronicles of Narnia finally being made into movies, I decided it was time to rectify that situation, since I have always had a preference for reading the book before seeing the movie. Though I didn't find it to be quite as compelling a story as The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, Prince Caspian was still a very good follow-up. It was a little like visiting with old friends. I enjoyed learning a bit more about the history of Narnia, and seeing how it had changed since the Pevensie children had ruled the land. It was also very nice to see them reconnect with Aslan and once again wrest Narnia from the control of evildoers, though I have to say that the "bad guys" in this story just simply weren't as convincing as the White Witch in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I must admit though that I really loved the scenes where the girls, along with many of the creatures and inhabitants of Narnia have a feast, as well as the celebration everyone took part in following their victory. All the joy and happiness in those parts of the narrative just really drew me into the story. Although I was left with some questions that I hope will be answered in the remaining books in the series, I definitely thought Prince Caspian was a fun and enjoyable read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prince Caspian.