Nathan's Reviews > The Deep Blue Good-By

Aug 18, 11

it was ok
bookshelves: mystery-crime
Read from July 25 to August 17, 2011

Travis McGee makes a living recovering stolen property for a 50% fee. In this book he is recovering property twice stolen from a serial rapist and all around jerk junior Allen. That part of it is all good but he also spends alot of time on a soap box about the loose morals of women and the downfall of society. I herd that he was a misogynist but because of the age of the book I thought it would be in the James Bond, women are sex objects way. The reality is much more disturbing.
He feels that any woman that wants to sleep with him is a ruined, soulless tramp to be held in the highest contempt (after doing her anyway). Anyone worth his time needs to be tricked into sleeping with him or must want to get married first. He clearly has some deep trust in he's clearly got some trust issues with women.
Also, anyone that has a mortgage or any kind of debt is a mindless zombie in hock to his image of himself.
So it was ok but I'll go to church if I want a sermon.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Deep Blue Good-By.

07/25/2011 page 10
3.0% "I hope this book is as crude and trashy as everyone says or I'm going to be very disappointed."