Diana (Offbeat Vagabond)'s Reviews > Celestial Seduction

Celestial Seduction by Jessica E. Subject

Review posted here: http://offbeatvagabond.blogspot.com/2011/06/arc-short-review-celestial-seduction-by.html

I was asked to review this by friend and fellow book blogger, Jessica (@markofthestars). She also happens to be the author of this story. Now it was only 35 pages long, but it still managed to packed a punch for me.

We start off by meeting Frey, our alien. He is sick and tired of being in space, of being taught not to feel anything. He wants to leave and live amongst the humans. His commander thinks he is making a big mistake. But Frey goes with his gut and stays on Earth. He wants to find a mate, someone open-minded who won't might the fact that he is an alien. So through the 1NightStand dating service, he is matched with Carrie, a divorcee being forced to find someone because of her best friend, Tamara. Carrie has lost her confidence and Frey is scared he won't be accepted for who he really is. When they get together, they find out there is more between them then they thought.

This was such a great short. I really liked Frey and Carrie. When Frey and Carrie have their first sex scene, I actually laughed a bit because Frey was just adorable. For a guy, human or not, he was clueless about some things, but he learned quickly. Boy did he. Carrie was so freaked out and nervous about everything, her reaction to when she first saw the real Frey was much better than I thought. I honestly thought she was fragile and that would have been too much for her, but she took it better than most in her state would have.

I recommend this story to anyone looking for a read that is both sweet and sexy all at once. This may be part sci-fi, but the characters were believable. This may be apart of the 1NightStand series, but can be read as a stand alone in case you saw 20th book in the series and freaked. Like I said, this is short, but it was an easy and hot read. Absolutely worth checking out. I can't wait for more from my good friend Jessica Subject, make sure you all remember the name.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Celestial Seduction.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Adding it to my list of possibles.

Diana (Offbeat Vagabond) Yay, so happy you did. I know Jessica will be too. I love paranormal romance and this was a good one. Great story with a hot alien, can't ask for more LOL!