James's Reviews > An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do About It

An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore

Jun 26, 11

I own a copy, read count: 1

Let’s face it. Al Gore is a boring, boring man. Without getting political at all, he was definitely the wrong person to deliver this message. And yes, there is a message here. Wading through the endless amount of bullshit (from both sides) that this presentation has provoked, this was/is important to our culture.

It doesn’t matter how accurate this is; it made the issue something that many people are now aware of. And for that, it is worth a read. It’s important because it was the catalyst for such a huge debate, and has been the inspiration for many ideas/technologies that have/will continue to better our lives and this planet.

It doesn’t matter if what he said was exaggerated, or even if some of it was made up bullshit to provoke some retarded national conspiracy to kill all the unborn babies and turn all your children into gay hippie drug addicts. You should read this. I will leave you with one of the most succinct observations (in the form of a one panel comic) on this presentation.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Inconvenient Truth.