François Declercq's Reviews > On a Pale Horse

On a Pale Horse by Piers Anthony

Jun 26, 11

bookshelves: fantasy
Read from March 20 to 23, 2011

When I met my girlfriend back in March, we soon got on the subject of books and being both fantasy aficionados, she asked me whether I'd read anything from her favorite author, Piers Anthony. I hadn't so she went on to describe how good his novels are.

A couple of days later, we meet up and she pulls out a present for me from her bag. A copy of Piers Anthony's On a Pale Horse. When she left, later that day, I began to read the novel and was immediately submersed into Anthony's universe. The story starts of great with a man taking on the role of Death against his will.

From there, the reader is confronted with a series of crazy adventures that will lead the main character, Zane, to question his newly acquired position which soon sees him fulfilling his destiny as he must take on the Devil himself.

The book was an instant favorite. It's well written with Anthony maintaining a nice flow and creating a gripping suspense which keeps the reader hooked till the end.

I have now purchased the following two books in the Incarnations of Immortality series as well as A Spell for Chameleon, which my girlfriend is fondly recommending me. I must admit, I am somewhat impatient to read more of the author's books and strongly believe he may become a favorite of mine too.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On a Pale Horse.