Emily's Reviews > Click

Click by Lisa Becker

Jun 26, 11

Read on June 26, 2011

my review: oh my gosh, i'm dying laughing just thinking about this book. i loved the email style - it makes you feel as if you're directly involved in their lives. i could honestly, 100%, related to renee. i saw my friends in each of the characters and at one point in chapter 3 i was laughing so loud i was crying.

it's a light, refreshing, easy and quick read (only 9 chapters). a must read for those single folks in the middle of the online dating world themselves or those who just left the torment.

i was pleasantly surprised when around chapter 5 the book went deeper into the relationships between renee and her friends. i appreciated the twist from humor and the insanity of online dating to what happens once you find someone - the ups, downs, miscommunication, exhilaration, etc. the end leads you to wonder how you see people, how you judge them and how we never know what will transpire.

some of my favorite quotes:
"you are the devil incarnate. no, i know. you're right. it's just easier to sit at home, eat cupcakes and feel sorry for myself than risk getting hurt. but it's a new year and a new plan."

"it's so much easier to reject someone over the internet than in real life. score one for online dating!"

"i don't see him sitting watching a 'law & order' marathon with me while i eat frosting from a can, which as you know is my idea of a good night."

"every guy i've ever met avoids v-day like vd."

my rating: 4/5

why my rating? i could relate. i left like i was reading emails with my own friends. i was cracking up the whole first 1/2. plus, it was a super quick read. because the book was so short there wasn't a ton of time to really build on the characters. i could see this becoming a series of books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Click.

06/26/2011
44.0% "i can't stop laughing!! i was crying i was laughing so hard."
show 1 hidden update…