Billie's Reviews > Fire

Fire by Kristin Cashore

Jun 26, 11

bookshelves: favorites, magic-powers
Read in September, 2010

This book was incredible, I could barely put it down. After reading and falling in love with Graceling, I knew I wanted to read more of Kristin Cashore's work. This book is set some 30 years before Graceling, and has one cross over character from that book. While you don't have to read Graceling before Fire, you probably should to not ruin a plot line in it.

Fire is a humanshaped monster. Monster's roam the country of Dell, beautiful creatures in forms of regular animals but with beautiful fur, hides, and feathers to enthrall the human mind. Being a monster, Fire has all the beauty they do, and the unique ability to enter peoples minds and control them. But she also has the ability to sense right and wrong. Her father, also a monster, was the opposite of Fire, using his abilities to cause pain and fear. Fire never wants to be like him, but when the kingdom needs her help to end a horrible war, she fears she may becoming like her father.

The world Kristin Cashore weaves is intoxicating. The characters are rich and full of life. There is romance and battles, beauty and pain, all brought together beautifully. I can't wait for her next book! 5 out of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire.