Shellys♥ Journal's Reviews > A Tale of Two Goblins

2060057
Jun 26, 11

bookshelves: year-2011, chick-lit, paranormal, mystery
Read in June, 2011

I like the story in a lot of ways. We find Dulcie O'Neil trying to solve a Dreamstalkers mystery - who is putting all these people to sleep and why does she know them all? When Sam falls victim, Dulcie goes to it. Most of the characters from the first book are around - Knight, Quill, Bram, Trey. It's a fun little mystery. Love the way Mallory creates her paranormal experience.

There were a few things that did bug me about this book. While the story was good, it seemed awkward at time. I hate that every male character has and displays intense physical attraction for Dulcie at every turn. I feel like it weakens the male characters tremendously. The dog. The dog. The dog. So distracting and irrelevant to the plot. Dulcie never came across as a responsible pet owner - outright forgetting about the dog for days at a time. From the last book, I don't remember the yard being fenced - and the dog was left outside for the most part. The dog was an object, like a sofa or a table - heck even the computer got more attention. So, my advise...skip the animals if you can't do them justice. As a pet owner, it really distracted me from the story.

Overall, interesting plot, quirky characters and an interesting take on the paranormal. IMHO, a few details could have been more refined to complete the package.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Tale of Two Goblins.