Mina's Reviews > Everneath

F_50x66
Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: mythology, young-adult, 2012, for-review
Read in January, 2012

Everneath revolves around the story of Persephone and Hades. I've read one other book before alike to the concept and hence being very familiar with it all. So as I had foreseen, I completely loved reading this book. I just knew Everneath would be just as beautiful and just as simple as the cover.

We meet Nikki who's life has turned upside down with her one wrong choice that left her in the Underworld. Poor Nikki. But as always there's always someone who rubs the salt on the wound. Cole. Don't even get me started on him. As alluring and hot he may be, he just is not worth rambling about. And then there's Jack. The guy that Beck had come back for. For six months. Six months she has to say goodbye properly.

Everneath starts up with Nikki and Cole. So you'll understand why I was drawn to him at first seeing as he's the first guy we meet but whatever. Nikki knows what she wants and what she's doing and that's what I like about her. She understands how her actions have affected the ones she love and she just has to make it right some how. Like with her family, her dad and Timmy. She really makes an effort. I love reading about those moments as they're just particularly sincere.

There's a roller coaster of events and so the events are truly interesting. I loved being in that suspense of what would happen next and how the story would end. Ashton has given us an alluring and brilliant read. Now, I so eager to read the book that follows!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everneath.