Mary's Reviews > A Good Yarn

Feb 28, 10

bookshelves: 2010, kindle2
Recommended for: a yarny
Read in March, 2010, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** My reviews are not much of a review, but more of things I liked about the book, and things I didn't like.

I found that I love getting to know the characters from the start, finding out little tidbits about them, but I dislike the summaries at the end when she starts to conclude things, and you end up reviewing all the same information that you've already read like 5 different times because the characters are all thinking about it in their own lives.

at one time in the story, I felt a sense of deja vu when one of the character's ex-husband was feeling sorry that he broke up the marriage... i felt as if I'd read it somewhere before.

I also did not like how in the story, the main character, aka the lady who owns the shop, her "romance" was cut off right at the start... when us as the reader knows that they are just going to miraculously going to get together in the end...that irked me a bit, until I realised that perhaps the author did so, so that she could make room for more interesting stories lines like her sister's woes and the woes of others. that she didn't want to put their romance at the center of things.

I was disappointed to see so little of Alix & Jordan, but I suppose their episodes are over and done with, no one likes to read about happy couples. It's all about trials and tribulations in these stories.

I like the new characters, Courtney, Bethanne... Elise the grandmother, not as much, but Maverick the gambler husband I love.

Sometimes when knitting terms are thrown in, it just seems a bit unusual... like thrown in on purpose instead of naturally just there... but that's just my opinion.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Good Yarn.