Rach's Reviews > Hourglass

Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Oct 18, 11

bookshelves: ebook, challenge-11-fall, 2011
Read from October 13 to 17, 2011

I should start out by saying that this is not the most well-written book in the world. The characters are a little cheesy and over-the-top, and their interacts are pretty overdramatic at times. What I will say, though, is that this book was really fun to read, the way teen-soap tv shows are fun to watch. It doesn't require much brainpower to figure people out, but it's still enjoyable.

I did enjoy the science fictiony part of it all, too, that there are people out there with special powers (ala the XMen), and some of those powers might allow people to see into other times and travel there as well. I'll definitely keep reading the series because, let's be honest, series like this one are like crack for me. I just can't stop! :P

Also, i love this cover. Even though it doesn't have any relation to the plot or characters in the book. And I think this would actually be great inspiration for one a CW show like the Vampire Diaries or Secret Circle: attractive younger people that do exciting things the have kissing times, with a few adults thrown in for good measure. :)

For my own future reference, here is where the story leaves off: (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hourglass.