JC's Reviews > The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind

The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind by William Kamkwamba

Sep 02, 12

bookshelves: kindle, 2012, my-firsttime, bbms
Read from August 19 to 22, 2012, read count: 1

This book starts out a bit slow but by the end I was reading every page as quickly as possible to find out what new experience William would have.

William lives in Malawi Africa and was living his life the best he knew how. His family didn't make much money but they had enough to live and eat. Until the famine hit. This book follows the true story of how William survives some of the worst possible circumstances and makes the most and more of everything that he can.

While reading, I reflected a lot on how I am using the things that I have. William didn't have enough money to go to school, but he went to the library, checked out books and learned things about science and engineering that helped him to build his windmill.

The book is a bit slow at first, but it's all a lead up and giving context to the life that William lives. Reflecting now, it makes sense why it was there. If you're having a hard time with it, push through because the end is exciting.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind.