Deena's Reviews > Charmed Thirds

Charmed Thirds by Megan McCafferty

Jun 26, 2011

Read from June 25 to 26, 2011

I'm liking this series, but not for the usual reason of Marcus Flutie. Honestly, he ticks me off. But I completely empathize with Jessica on so many things. I swear, I've had the same thoughts and feelings about the same topics! I'm nowhere near as Ivy-smart as she is, but I have been there when it comes to trying to relate to your parents when you have nothing intellectually in common. And the job prospect angst--oh yeah, every time DH's job moves us around. There was one spot where she talks about applying to correspondence school for gun cleaning, and I swear I laughed out loud because I have often lamented my lack of "practical" skills! I can discuss Michel Foucault's take on punishment in society, but as for marketable skills, I am somewhat lacking. Fortunately, I have been able to roll with what life has thrown at me (for the most part) and picked up a few of those real world skills along the way, and I hope that the same will be true for Jessica in future books. Looking forward to picking up Fourth Comings tomorrow at the library.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Charmed Thirds.

06/25/2011