Rebecca's Reviews > Heart and Soul

Heart and Soul by Maeve Binchy

Jun 25, 11

bookshelves: chicklit
Read in March, 2009

New author! Well, to me she is. I have seen books from Binchy all over the place, but I just never picked one up. And now I can see why. As a whole, I am so not a fan of Irish authors. I think it's mainly to do with the characters. They live a more simple life there that I just don't get and the women are always so pushed around and they just take it! It's just a society that I don't get. One good thing about her books is that they are big and while they are really quick reads, they still take a few days as they are so huge.

This book revolves around a medical clinic and the people that work there and come in as patients. I knew the second that the women who was hired to run the clinic and the Dude who runs the hospital where the clinic is located and who are at disagreements with each other all the time, would get together in the end. This is just that type of book. Other relationships evolve and dissolve between everyone. The mothers of one of the doctors at the clinic was so annoying in her simplicity of everything that she sheltered her son like all his life and just the way she was, like, can anyone live like that anymore? So different and so lame, yet at the same time you just can't look away. A simple read on all levels.

Grade: C

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heart and Soul.