Ashley Gooding's Reviews > Bridesmaid Lotto

Author: Rachel Astor
Characters: 5 out of 5
Plot: 5 out of 5
Overall: 5 out of 5
Format: e-Book (on my Kindle)
Source: Purchased by Myself

Book 1 in the McMaster the Disaster Series

Description: (Goodreads) Josephine McMaster is pretty and smart, but very much a klutzy mess. Finally, at 26, she may have actually lost the dreaded 'McMaster the Disaster' nickname that has followed her around her whole life.

Josie's quite content to be single, much to her mother's disappointment. So when a bizarre contest is announced where a socialite is holding a lottery to pick her bridesmaids (and rake in a little extra cash), she can't roll her eyes fast enough, even if it does mean meeting Jake Hall, her one and only movie star crush. Obviously, Josie doesn't enter the bridesmaid lottery, so you can imagine her surprise when her picture pops up among the winners, thanks to Mom. With a little prodding -- okay bribing -- Josie agrees to participate.

The wedding turns into the event of the year, and Josie finds herself in the middle of a paparazzi feeding frenzy, which gets even crazier after Jake Hall takes a special interest in her.

Can Josie handle the pressure in the spotlight? Is it possible she might really have a chance with Jake Hall? And if she's busy worrying about all that, how in the heck is she going to keep 'McMaster the Disaster' from showing up in front of the entire world?

From My Point of View: Have you ever finished a book and felt the need to tell absolutely everyone you know to go read it? This is one of those books. I literally set my Kindle down and thought, "who can I tell to read this book?"

I cannot think of a single bad thing to say about this book. The worst I was able to come up with is that I noticed a couple of typos. I literally loved every word! Chick lit fans will not be disappointed with this book. In fact, I actually squealed when Jake Hall asked Josie on a date. Like it was me being asked on a date by Ryan Reynolds (love him)! And, of course, when I realized I was squealing at the book, I knew it was a good one.

The plot is fantastic! Fast paced and interesting, not only will it keep you hooked, but it will also keep you grinning. There were tons of "face palm" (you know, where you totally want to smack your forehead because the main character did some ridiculous) and laugh out loud moments. I always scoff when people say, "oh, yeah, I read that book in two hours." Really? You did not. But I can honestly say that I did in fact read this book in just over two hours. I simply could not put it down!

Don't even get me started on the characters in this book -- it's impossible for me to say who I liked more. Josie, Jake, and Mattie were up there, but I also loved Jennifer and even Josie's mom. They all had such great personalities and were very real for me.

Typically, I am not the biggest fan of self published works. In the past, I've found so many that were just not good. Bridesmaid lotto has completely squashed that notion for me. Thanks to Astor, I will be picking up MORE self published works hoping for gems like hers.

Now, do this fabulous author justice and go read her book! Only $0.99 on the Kindle! I promise you won't regret it!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bridesmaid Lotto.

06/25/2011 page 100
43.48% "I am lovinggg this book!!!"