Aimee's Reviews > The Dark and Hollow Places

The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan

Jul 19, 11

bookshelves: my-recommendations
Read in June, 2011

I loved this book! I am so happy with how the series ended (it is such a relief). If I had the time, I probably would have read this book all in one sitting, but life gets in the way of reading sometimes. Part of the reason this book was so successful for me was because it showed more than just the horrors of the zombies, it also showed how horrible humans can be when they have too much power. The Recruits were terrifying and the characters had to watch themselves every second. I also loved seeing how life in the city. It wasn't at all how I expected it to be after reading the first two books, but it was an interesting new perspective.

The characters were also great in this book. I really liked Annah; she was such a strong character, even if she was a bit broken. She was put in some very tough situations and I respected her actions. I also loved Catcher. I found it interesting how they struggled with similar issues even though they went through different experiences. The characters had depth and I loved learning more about them as the story unfolded.

I really loved "The Dark and Hollow Places"; it's a fantastic ending to a wonderful series. I highly recommend it to readers who like paranormal romance, dystopian fiction and horror. This series really did a great job of balancing terrifying zombies with plot and characters.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark and Hollow Places.

06/26/2011 page 109