Barb 's Reviews > Vortex

Vortex by Troy Denning

Jul 04, 11

Read from June 26 to July 04, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 2

Vortex, part of the continuing saga in the Fate of the Jedi series, does not disappoint. Author Troy Denning gives readers a fast-paced story that successfully mixes action, drama and even humor. Vortex if filled with familiar Star Wars extended universe characters and follows the ongoing saga of Luke and Ben Skywalker versus the powerful and mysterious creature known as Abeloth. Their shaky alliance with the Sith Lost Tribe explodes in Vortex, the relationship between Ben and the Sith apprentice Vestara ever more complicated.

Vortex contains multiple storylines each weaving together seamlessly. The action covers various locations including the Jedi Temple, a Coruscanti court room and a moon of Pydyr where the Skywalkers come up against the Sith and the White Current-using Fallanassi. It is a book with several twists and turns, including the demise of a familiar character. The final chapters are satisfying, tying up a few loose ends and yet leaving the reader with a bit of a cliffhanger to increase anticipation for the serie's next installation, "Conviction."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vortex.

06/27/2011 page 67
18.0% "This is a reread for me. Bought Conviction, the next book in the series this weekend but wanted to refresh my memory on all the little details from Vortex before diving in to the new story."
07/03/2011 page 222
61.0% "Still wishing Ben & Vestara end up together. And love, love Master Sabatyne, still. She's amazing & one of my all-time fav Extended Universe characters."