Jurgen_i's Reviews > How to Survive a Robot Uprising: Tips on Defending Yourself Against the Coming Rebellion

How to Survive a Robot Uprising by Daniel H. Wilson

Aug 09, 2012

bookshelves: robots
Read from May 27 to August 09, 2012

Not 5 points, since this is not a complete robot uprising survival handbook. It’s a collection of tips on surviving during such an event. It earns 4.5 points.

I was partly ironic partly serious when I started this book. Although I don’t believe that in the foreseeable future we will face the robot uprising, it’s very important to be aware of such a possibility. In such a way we can prevent a robot uprising. Alas, the mood of the book completely corresponded with mine! The best description of the tone of this book is that Mr. Wilson jokes seriously. I liked indeed his appeals to humanity to fight against our mechanical foe, his jokes about interactions between robots and humans or about evil roboticists.

In this book you’ll find the probable scenarios of the robot uprising (actually, it’s only ONE global scenario drawn by the author and this is the second reason for not giving 5 points) and you’ll get to know how to act and counteract in different situations during this scenario. Also you will get acquainted with robotics: both with its fundamentals (how robots perceive world, “think”, make “decisions” and act) and with the latest practical achievements.

CONCLUSION:
Well written interesting book with much information and practical advices. And after this book you should definitely read Robopocalypse which is a practical-fictional implementation of How To Survive A Robot Uprising

Prepare to defend yourself and humanity during the coming robot uprising!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Survive a Robot Uprising.

message 1: by Aloha (new) - added it

Aloha I think we have to worry about defending ourselves against other people before we have to worry about robots. LOL.

Jurgen_i That is why Wilson is talking about EVIL ROBOTICISTS! Defending against robots means defending against people who created them. LOL, i really like the Wilson's serious tone with the tinge of irony and humor.

Seriously speaking, i completely agree with you, Aloha.