¤Leila | The Fiction Pixie¤'s Reviews > The Iron Daughter

The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa

Jun 30, 2011

bookshelves: all-star-favorites, fantasy, series, ya, romance
Read from June 25 to 30, 2011

*Contains information from The Iron King & a character introduction*

This review is originally posted at Within Pages.

Picking up in a perfect continuance from The Iron King, this book starts in a land of unbridled cruelty and selfishness. As promised in The Iron King, Meghan is being held within the Unseelie Court by Queen Mab. Having spent most of the first book in the land of summer or iron, the beginning of this book rounds out the world, giving us a since of completion.

In the harsh coldness that is the land of Winter, Meghan finds herself confused, alone, and untrusted. Again, the saftey of the Nevernever is at stake and only she knows the full force of what is occuring. The interaction with our favorite scores of support characters lead Meghan on a confusing chase, always questioning who to trust while we unravel a new change the has come about in Meghan.

I was pleased at the mystery surrounding the re-introduction of Ironhorse and the depths to which this character has been created. I love Ash and Grimalken, maybe Puck too, but the addition of Ironhorse was so solid and pivotal to the story; it was extremely well written.

The plot for this book takes us across many lands while Meghan battles for her life and struggles, yet again, to save the people who do not believe her. The battle in this book was considerbly more well-written than in the first and had us on the edge of the seat, waiting to see who lived or died. Battles were never set up with a tone that hinted the outcome before it happened.

Julie Kagawa has again, crafted an incredible faery tale with a mythical level of magic and understanding. Through the span of two books, we have seen the characters grow and change in remarkable ways and we have been on the adventure of several lifetimes. I strongly encourage having The Iron Queen on stand-by in the hopes that you can continue Meghan's tale.

Comparison Rating:
The Iron King (Book 1): 4.5
The Iron Daughter (Book 2): 5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron Daughter.

06/26/2011 page 44
06/27/2011 page 124
35.0% "What a heart wrenching story full of betrayal!"
06/28/2011 page 183
51.0% "Didn't see that coming!"
show 2 hidden updates…