cecilia's Reviews > Serpent's Storm

Jun 25, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: purple-covers
Read in June, 2011

Calliope never dreamed that she’d be back to square one after finally reaching Cloud 9 with a decent guy, but her older sister has escaped from prison and bent on destroying the family business. This time, however, her sister means business – and this time Calliope has to make the hardest decision in her life. Is taking over Death Inc. worth losing the one man she has grown to love? Will she be able to save her sister from her evil ways? Who knows, but for Callie, it is do or die – and she’d rather not die.

This was the book that caught my eye at the library – and I hunted the 1st two books to properly begin the series. Which was a good call on my part since serpent's storm really takes us back to the beginning in a way, but with darker and heart-breaking undertones. Calliope definitely matures in this 3rd installment – no longer able to rely on others to do all the work for her, left with only her intuition and resolve to not let her sister and the Devil win. While there was romantic tension, I was not sold on the relationship between Callie and Daniel to care all too much of whether they sank or swam. Amber Benson has such an interesting world that keeps on expanding and improving that I hope that we get to see where Callie goes from here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Serpent's Storm.